Acer Chromebook 14 wont Connect to Bluetooth Speaker

mitchell___c
mitchell___c Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Ive got the Doss Soundbox bluetooth speaker. It worked perfectly until after new years eve, I havent changed anything about it or the computer but now when i pair it it will pair, but music still plays out of the speakers on the chromebook. Ive tried turning bluetooth on and off, forgetting bleutooth device, etc etc, but i cant get it to work. However, connecting it to other devices such as my OnePlus 3 works fine, anyone know what to do?

Best Answer

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

Not sure why the speaker would work one day and not the next. You might try disabling all your extensions and try again. Also a power wash to get the Chromebook back to factory settings might help as well.  Check with the speaker vendor to see if they have any helpful info as well, even though it works on another device. 

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

Not sure why the speaker would work one day and not the next. You might try disabling all your extensions and try again. Also a power wash to get the Chromebook back to factory settings might help as well.  Check with the speaker vendor to see if they have any helpful info as well, even though it works on another device. 

• mitchell___c
    mitchell___c Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks! I powerwashed my chromebook and deleted an extension called momentum, instantly started working again.