Acer XZ350CU 35" Flickering

KrLos
KrLos Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG7VMIZkNbU

Just bought this amazing monitor, I really liked it and used it for about 20 days, then well, the video describes pretty much my problem.

The biggest problem is that I live in Colombia and is really expensive to send it back to USA and re-import (I paid 220 usd to import this monitor in Colombia) and paid for it 500 USD.

I think this technology is just starting and there are still too many problems with it.

Finally, the monitor has some ghosting problems, but I didn't mind them.

Tryed this monitor with another PC, diferent HDMI and DP wires, still have the problem.

Trying to figure out what to do now.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Based on the video and the fact you've already tried different cables and PC, we would have to recommend repair at this point. Unfortunately the domestic warranty for the monitor is in the US, which is where it would need to be shipped for service. We would also need a US return address as we are unable to ship to locations outside US and Canada. You can check with Acer support for your region at https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ as they may have repair suggestions locally by a third party company, but the repair would not be covered under the warranty. If you decide you would like warranty repair in the US, we can assist if you send a private message. 

• KrLos

Tinkerer

The monitor got worse, now it doens't even turn on...

I sent it to ACER Colombia and they are working on it, I hope they fix it, but I should get a replace.

In fact I wanted a full refund from my seller, but sending that box would cost me like 300 usd and a change will be 300 usd and importing it again 230 usd, really expensive, and the risk to have it broken again, and from what i'm reading, a lot of people is having problems with this monitor, maybe that's why is that cheap?

This shouldn't happen, how something totally new will be this broken? I have never received a DOA before (took 10 days to malfunction, for me is DOA) and it has to be the most expensive thing to ship and import.

• KrLos

Tinkerer

So, Acer Colombia didn't do anything.

The 3rd party repair company talked with Acer in USA, they don't even let do a firmware upgrade, they did nothing, because they weren't able to reproduce the problem.

Here is an update of the problem, the monitor doesn't even function now, it turns on, but does't work (you can't even see the acer and energy star logo)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I01koCeRQJU

If for some reason your thinking in buying this expensive brick, don't do it...

Now, i don't know what to do, sending this monitor to USA is expensive, about 300 usd, importing it was 200 usd.

What should i do? set it on fire?

• KrLos

Tinkerer

Any way I can fix this? any firmware update that can maybe help me?

Anythig that Acer can do to help me? 

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Unfortunately Acer does not have a firmware update that we can send. This issue will require service as mentioned in my previous post. If you would like us to set up a repair case for you please send a private message.

• TheLawless
    TheLawless Member Posts: 1 New User
  • MATRyX
    MATRyX Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    I have the exact issue with the same monitor. Flickering is annoying. I think this is a manufacture problem that this monitor has. Please if somebody has the same issue, let us know. Because Acer is not tacking responsibility of their manufacturing errors.
  • KrLos

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    MATRyX said:
    I have the exact issue with the same monitor. Flickering is annoying. I think this is a manufacture problem that this monitor has. Please if somebody has the same issue, let us know. Because Acer is not tacking responsibility of their manufacturing errors.
    This purchase was awful, I still have that monitor doing nothing, reminding me that I should never ever buy again from acer, is way more expensive for me to send back to usa, than to buy another one, wich I did, a beautiful asus, with no issues so far....

I'm so disappointed with Acer. I'll never will buy back from acer never again.

Good luck with your monitor, you should send it for guarantee.