Hi My new Acer T3-710 buffers sound to my AVR when connected via HDMI. what am i doing wrong

KNIX
KNIX Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just purchased an T3-710 with i7 and AMD R9 360 GPU. When I connect it to my Yamaha RX-v3050 AVR I am experiencing buffering of music and the sound during streaming content. This is the same set up as with my previous PC that worked flawlessly in this regard. I have checked all settings, cables, and drivers are up to date. I have 12 gig of ram. Seems that the more work the GPU is attempting the worse the buffering of the sound(if I attempt to watch a visualisation within my music program the sound is pausing contiuously). The picture does not suffer. This seems like a pretty basic process that just about any card should be able to accomplish (not like heavy gaming here). What am I doing wrong ? Any advice would be very much appreciated

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you mentioned drivers up to date, Acer version or hardware manufacturer version?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • KNIX

Thats a good question....I just went through device manager and hit update. Windows stated that the most up to date driver was installed. I will go to the manufacturers site and see what I find Thanks 

• KNIX
    After much trial and error I finally have the problem solved...... Seems I purchased a new computer with outdated bios. Once I got it up to date it works great. They are using 2 year old bios
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Good to hear it

I'm not an Acer employee.