Need help with Aspire E15 color calibration for photography

emlemus719
emlemus719 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought my  laptop a couple months ago and I'm having issues with the color quality of my photos. I do portraits and I already tried to calibrate my screen but it's not working. The colors look amazing and after I edit a picture I'm happy with how it looks, but when I look at them on another device or if I print the colors are all wrong! They come out too dark. I feel like my pictures on my laptop are very vivid in color but TOO vivid. It doesn't reflect the actual colors of my pictures. What do i do! I already tried calibrating by following all the steps and even tweaking it a lot to bring down the brightness and vividness of the colors. Please help it makes me think I made a mistake buying this lapt top.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i can only suggest you to check with your complete model name on google about ICC profiles and settings; if you are lucky you will be able to download it.

if you want be really picky and serious about picture color, nothing is better than some calibration device.

Here some good suggestion but remember...if your monitor had poor color gamma...you can't fix it pretty much.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-calibrate-your-monitor/4/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beckywalsh2371
    beckywalsh2371 Member Posts: 4 New User

I am having this same issue. Please tell me you found a way to solve it without returning your laptop.

• GenXrail
    GenXrail Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I know this an old thread, but I'm dealing with the color issue right now.  My Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762 is great, but as I suspected, the color was off straight out of the box.  I do a great deal of serious amateur photography.  I went to the Intel Graphics control panel and have been adjusting the saturation.  I opened my Flickr photography page and compared the colors on my laptop with those on my Android phone because the colors on it are absolutely perfect in my eyes.  I'm able to get it pretty close, but I can't get the reds to be true red.  Red always seems more subdued.  I can adjust the saturation across the spectrum, and can also adjust the R/G/B individually.  I opened the Windows display calibration, but didn't need to adjust anything because the gamma and grays were spot on.  

I'm trying to learn more about downloading color profiles and whether or not anything is available for this computer and if I could benefit from it. 

Any thoughts? 

• Co0LD0wN
    Co0LD0wN Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

i have the same problem right now.. trying to tweak the color profile with built-in windows color calibrator, still cant get the right color.. now i found this one on the web dunno if this is helpful for our system.. i have same model as you have guys.. 

https://laptopmedia.com/news/acer-aspire-e5-576g-display-profiles-quality-and-health-impact-results/ 

try to check this site.. 
  • aun
    aun Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought my  laptop a couple months ago and I'm having issues with the color quality of my photos. I do portraits and I already tried to calibrate my screen but it's not working. The colors look amazing and after I edit a picture I'm happy with how it looks, but when I look at them on another device or if I print the colors are all wrong! They come out too dark. I feel like my pictures on my laptop are very vivid in color but TOO vivid. It doesn't reflect the actual colors of my pictures. What do i do! I already tried calibrating by following all the steps and even tweaking it a lot to bring down the brightness and vividness of the colors. Please help it makes me think I made a mistake buying this lapt top.

Did u find any solution? I've the same problem. I can't do my Photography editing on my Laptop. Plz help me out if you have a solution?