Aspire ES 15(ES1-572-566D) - WiFi won't activate When I turn the switch to "on" it immediately "off"

DastanX
DastanX Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello Community,

since a few days I own an Aspire ES 15 (ES1-572-566D) that came without an Windows OS so I installed Windows 10 and can not get the WiFI adapter to work.

How does the error show:
-WiFi "button" in network quick settings (tasktray icon) shows WiFI but a click on it will have no effect. So does the Notebooks own softkey function FN + F3. When I go to network settings the WiFi is "off". When I turn the switch to "on" it immediately jumps back to "off" in most cases. Sometimes it stays on "on" but then shows a loading cirle right next to it that will just load forever and ever. When I then close the settings and open them again, the switch is at "off" again.

The adapter is activated in adapter settings and WiFi Controller is shown in device manager (hope I translated that right) without any yellow warning sign or so right next to it. According to device manager, it is a "intel dual band wireless-AC 3168".

What I tried so far:
- tried with the Windows 10 standard driver that came with the installation of Win10
- Downloaded and installed ProSET Sostware and Driver from Acer Website for Win10 x64 and installed without removing the other driver first.
- Reinstalled Win10 from scratch (partition deletion and all)
- Removed Win10 standard driver (with option "remove driver from system") and installed ProSET Software and Driver from Acer Website
- Removed that Driver (again with deletion from System) and downloaded and installed der ProSET Driver from the Intel Website (tried current one and V 19.20.0)

Any other ideas what I can try?

Google also showed me that Windows 10 has several problems with WiFI, so Microsoft released fix KB3206632. I checked and it is definitly on my system, installed after Windows installation via Windows Update. Just for a test, I also removed that Fix - changed nothing so I installed it again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Dastan

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• DastanX
    Answer ✓

Managed now to fix it with help from another forum.

Installing the "Quick Access" Software from the Acer Website fixed the problem.

As the system has no hardware switch for WiFi, that tool seems to be the only way to activate that virtual hardware switch that is turned off by standard as it seems.

But thanks a lot for your hard effort to help me in this case!
    These days getting competent help in a forum without any sarcastic comments and stuff is sadly not that common anymore. thx

Answers

• Hi,

Open Network and Sharing Centre, Change adapter settings(from left pane), highlight the WiFi card and right click, Properties., click Configure, go to Power management tab and remove the tick in the box for "Allow the computer to turn off..."  

Capture.JPG

• DastanX

Made the change as shown, restarted the system -> still the same issue unfortunately

• Hi,

Have you ever opened the back cover for any reason? If you have, please check the WiFi card connections are secure, it may have become loose.

You could also try downloading this driver from station-drivers, safe site and produce very good drivers.

Driver version 19.0.1.1 no need to install the Proset software, try only the driver by selecting Custom install.

Remove the current WiFi setting and create a new WiFi connection in Network and sharing centre.

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=353&func=fileinfo&id=2314&lang=en

• DastanX

No never opened it (and also don't want to as for guarantee reasons; device is not even a week old).

I downloaded the driver you suggested but not sure how to install manually.

Removing the Adapter from Network and Sharing center -> Adapter settings wont work ("the choosen connection cannot be deleted").

When deleting the device in device manager and hitting the option "Search for changed hardware" the driver again becomes automatically installed without any chance for me to interfere with another driver.

When I choose "Add legacy hardware" I am able to install a device & driver manually (did you mean that option?) but strangly the driver folders of the download only shows folders for "Win7", "Win8", "WinT" and "WinB".

Does the T in this case stay for ten? I expected something like "Win10"

Sorry if it is a dumb question, I am normally pretty good with this stuff but this is my first time installing / working on Windows 10 so I don't know all the references yet

• Hi,

Yes, it's for windows 10 as well, after you download the drivers, go to Device Manager, uninstall the current driver, do not restart.

Extract(open) the downloaded file, double click 64bit  folder, double click Install folder and run Setup.exe as Admin.

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

• DastanX
    Answer ✓

As the system has no hardware switch for WiFi, that tool seems to be the only way to activate that virtual hardware switch that is turned off by standard as it seems.

These days getting competent help in a forum without any sarcastic comments and stuff is sadly not that common anymore. thx

• Hi,

Glad you got it sorted, hope you enjoy your laptop and have a nice X'mas.

• firosemp
    firosemp Member Posts: 1 New User
    DastanX said:

I have the same problem as you. I installed quick access and still no luck. Is there any specific thing I should do?
  • hichem14
    hichem14 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello my friend, can you help me how to find the solution to the wifi problem