Acer Quick access locking the PC in windows 10

sscf02
sscf02 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Since I install windows 10 I have quick access locking my PC. The only way to go on is to kill the task. I tried uninstalling quick access but it lock at the middle saying that I do not have the priviledge ti do it. I tried to install the last version but it tell me to remove the old one first.
I really do not need useless software especially if done badly.
Please help me to remove this Quick Access.
Thank you

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• Hi,

You can uninstall it in Programs, go to Start,Control panel, Programs and Features, Programs, then right click and uninstall.

• sscf02

Hello, thx trying to help, but please read my full message.

I cannot remove it, it fails at remove.

• martinOslo
    martinOslo Member Posts: 2 New User

Having the same problem uninstalling Quick Access: not enough privilege to delete services during the uninsall even though I am logged in as Addminsitrator (on Windows 10). Anybody get any tips as to how to get enough privilege?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

PC model?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • martinOslo
    martinOslo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Aspire e1-570G
  • IronFly

try this:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

it's a Microsoft software that will help you uninstall the Acer quick service, so you will be able to uninstall Acer Quick service using Programs and Features

unzip the file, rigth click Autoruns64.exe if your OS is a 64 bit version or Autoruns.exe if it's 32 bit, and select to run it as Administrator, click on Services tab and right click Acer quick access and choose delete.

• sscf02

IronFly Nice help. Did not work... but

Beside that I hate to install software on my PC I took the risk.

The service was found but it failed to delete the service by mentionning some wrong path.

Then a retry crashed the Autoruns64.exe

But disabling the service Quickstart using "services.msc" made it (partially).

When it is disabled Autoruns do not see it as well.

At least the service does start anymore.

• IronFly

Good to hear it.

Probably during install Quick Access had some corrupted file reference and the service is looking for missing or corrupted files.