Iconia Tab 10 a3-a40 is stuck on load screen, even after a factory reset

Dubhdara3
Dubhdara3 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2018 in Tablets

My Iconia Tab10 A3-A40 attempted to download a system update yesterday, but it must have been a bad install/zip, as if failed and went to the recovery screen.

I initially tried a reboot, but it got stuck on the Acer load screen.

I then attempted a factory reset (from the Recovery Menu), but it is still stuck on the Acer Boot Screen.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

so, the only solution is to contact Acer support center if under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
  • Dubhdara3

Thanks, I tried this, but unfortunately that is an older version of the OS, and wont allow me to update over the current/new version. Tried the Acer website and it only has that older version as well.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

so, the only solution is to contact Acer support center if under warranty.

• jimmyH
    jimmyH Member Posts: 1 New User

Exactly the same problem for me too on a a3-a40 

Dubhdara3 could you please update here when support opens as to what they have said to do.

Thanks in advance.

• Dubhdara3
    Thanks all, i contacted Acer Support and was advised it is a hardware issue, so it needs to get sent back for repair
  • IronFly

Good to hear it. Smiley Happy

• JYLBC
    JYLBC Member Posts: 2 New User

Problème identique: fin anormale du premier update 

Le service après vente qui repond très rapidement en France ne doit pas avoir accès aux problèmes soulevés ici puisqu'il m'a demandé de faire aussi un update avec le fichier trop ancien version du 22/07/2016.

Dans l'attente d'un fichier permettant l'update par rapport à la version Tablette du 14 sept 2016 ou d'une manipulation permettant la mise à jour.

• Nath14000
    Nath14000 Member Posts: 1 New User

Bonjour
    meme probleme. je suis  a la recherche d'un firware (os) plus recent que le sep.14.2016

Ou une methode pour ecraser l'os actuel par un plus ancien. (celui qui est en telechargement sur le site Acer Jul.22.2016)

cordialement

Hello
    same problem. I am looking for a firmware (os) more recent than sep.14.2016
    Or a method to overwrite the current OS with an older one. (The one that is in download on the site Acer Jul.22.2016)
    cordially

update A3-A40

• JYLBC
    JYLBC Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bonsoir,
    J'ai retourné la tablette au centre ACER de Angers France. Rapide et bon suivi par SMS.
    Elle a été rechargée acer_av0m0_a3-a40_RV07RC01_WW_GEN1
    Je croise les doigts.
  • Pierrot
    Pierrot Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Bonsoir,

J'arrive un peu tard mais pour les autres au cas ou, la RV07 se trouve planquée ici
     ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/Tablet/Android/A3-A40/

You can find stock firmware RV07 here 
     ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/Tablet/Android/A3-A40/
    This one works and used by repair centers

• bagus
    bagus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Dubhdara3 said:

My Iconia Tab10 A3-A40 attempted to download a system update yesterday, but it must have been a bad install/zip, as if failed and went to the recovery screen.

I initially tried a reboot, but it got stuck on the Acer load screen.

I then attempted a factory reset (from the Recovery Menu), but it is still stuck on the Acer Boot Screen.

Same here. Would not boot after attempting to update, so I did a factory reset and it still won't boot.  It lists a number of fails when I do a root integrity check.

This tablet is 13 months old, so out of warranty and I've now discovered that it doesn't have the micro SD card slot that it was supposed to have, so how could you install new firmware anyway? Could I return it to Argos on the basis that it was missold?

Surely there must be other people who have had this problem?

• yvanclemenceau
    yvanclemenceau Member Posts: 1 New User
    bonjour,
    I'm looking for the RV07 (acer_av0m0_a3-a40_RV07RC01_WW_GEN1) . It seems that it will fix my problem with my acer a3 a40 tablet.
    Unfortunately, "ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/Tablet/Android/A3-A40/"  is requested a login and password.
    Does anybody have this zip somewhere ?   or perhaps support acer can give me the access to this ftp ?
    Thank you
    Yvan
  • dmv
    dmv Member Posts: 1 New User
    Сould anyone on this planet find a working firmware for Acer A3-A40? For example, this mysterious zip from FTP?
    It seems wrong to me that users are tormented with their devices after official FW updates
    Acer Support, where are you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Acer has two versions of that OS on their support site for download.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Franky68
    Franky68 Member Posts: 4 New User
    hi, i lock for acer_av0m0_a3-a40_rv09rc01_ww_gen1.zip weher i can find it?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You go to the Acer site for your locale, then Support, then Drivers and look under the OS tab.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.