Predator G3-605, Graphics card (GTX 1070) Installation/recommendation *HELP*

Royalclutch
Royalclutch Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

Ok, now my time has come my time to upgrade my graphics card.. iv been suffering from fps drops when it comes to the new games nowadays..and i want to upgrade. Iv always wanted good fps and no fps drops in games.. also i like to have my graphics settings on high and not low.. so yeah.. i thought upgrading would help..

I have a Predator G3-605

Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

12 GB ram

Geforce GTX 760

Im thinking of getting a Geforce GTX 1070, but i have no idea what so ever if this will overheat my computer..

please help me and tell me if i should get the 1070 or 970 GTX...

Please post any oppinions.

**please note im new to the computer "game" so i dont know much about specs and so on..

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

no, it will not overheat your system and in the worst case you add a fan inside your PC case.

i own a GTX970 and it's a good GPU but GTX1070 is even better, the only thing to check is PSU wattage and if it has enough cables to connect to the GPU.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hagii73
    hagii73 Member Posts: 10 New User

surprisingly the 484w power supply runs my 980 ti just fine. If you want a bigger power supply youll need an 24-12 pin adapter. no heat issues and it runs silent.

• Royalclutch
    Ok uhm, i have checked the wattage and its 500 so what i did was order a 750 corsair GPU and the 1070 is already on its way, how do i know if my GPU fits? Or should it fit no matter what (also idk but it said it came with 8-10 dif cables or something, the GPU)

Ps thanks a lot for answering!
  • Royalclutch
    Sorry i ment to write power supply not GPU
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

The only to know if it fits, is to check dimensions on producer website and do some measurement on PC case.

i think it will fit but it will be a tight one.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hagii73
    hagii73 Member Posts: 10 New User

Your power supply should fit. It will be about 1/2 " to 1" closer to the front than the original but the other dimensions should match up fine

• king_juju
    king_juju Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Do you think a geforce gtx 1070 GPU will be able to work and is it a good GPU and if it is not a good GPU what would you recommend 
    for my aser pretior g3-605
    power supply 500w