Cpu maxxing out finally found a fix that ACTUALLY worked!

Joshuablake48
Joshuablake48 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hopefully if your still dealing with this i can help...a couple of years ago i bought my wife a brand new acer aspire v5 122p.. I was happy to buy her what i thought was an awesome comp. for the price... I was wrong. Since the day she powered it on the cpu would maxed out and the system would lag super bad... Anyways here we are several years later and i think i finally fixed it.. Go to device manager then display adapters. Hopefully yours is the same but under display adapters mine said it was radeon something something. Double Click , select update driver, then browse computer for driver software. It will find a few drivers. In these results will say Microsoft basic display adapter. Choose this and let the computer do its thing. After its installed everything will be back to normal. Im really not sure what the display adapters actually do but i cannot tell a difference in appearance or anything but my computer cpu is at 14% as im typing lol. It constantly goes up and down from lets say 14% and will jump to 95% for a second then goes right back down but not enough to slow the system down... I can actually navigate from page to page with very little lag and can actually open chrome and watch YouTube!! Like i said hopefully your problem is the same and this will help you out. Ive searched and searched online and have tried everything but nothing made a difference... By the way i did update this computer from windows 8 to windows 10 awhile back and still running windows 10 so i dont know if this will help windows 8 but im sure it will.. Thanks for reading and let me know if this helps!

Answers