Acer Aspire VN7 Nitro Black Edition prone to scratches?

Shumayal
Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Today I observed a few scratches on the lid like this on my month old laptop. Has anyone else experienced this on their Nitro laptop's? A quick search on the internet showed that this is expected from the textured lid. But now that the damage is done what can I do to prevent further scratches or fix these ones? This is my life's first laptop after saving a lot through university, this has been painful.
DSC_0086.JPG

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

I own one VN7-591G and so far after one year of use, I don't have any scratch on any place of the notebook at all. I don't think it's prone to scratching, you did something with it to scrach it. I carry it everyday in my backpack and so far I didn't saw any problem at all. Even if sometimes, because I am in hurry, I put the notebook and the charger in the same compartment in my backpack.

But is a pain for the fact that every fingerprint or palm location is visible on the surface and you need to clean it often.

• justrobinr
    justrobinr Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, the same thing happened to me today. Just got it and haven't been rough with it and discovered a similar scratch. I think the problem is the textured surface. It seems to be easily prone to scratches, so I definitely will be getting a carrying case and making sure nothing touches it, as I'm irritated every time I look at that scratch. Lol.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• OzairAkhlaq
    OzairAkhlaq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Yes, I have many scratches like these. And I take care of my laptop very well. Now I am just waiting for the whole texture to go away and make it full plain. lol.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

To be honest I am curious what you are doing with your notebooks? Playing mini-hockey on the top of it? I have it since June 2015 (almost one and half year) and still I don't have any scratch on the back of the screen. And I carry it in my backpack every working day.

The only thing which I found annoying at the top cover is the small gap between the e and r from the acer logo, through which the back light shines through, but it's visible during evenings with the ambient light turned off.

• OzairAkhlaq
    OzairAkhlaq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Maybe we got some defective piece. There are few pieces which have some defects.

• Shumayal
    Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon

I do not have any backlight shine through any logo in the dark though. Weird.

I just discovered another thing the hard way. Never leave water drops sitting on the lid! They just left this permanent mark Smiley Sad

White mark left by stagnant water droplets. Can it be cleared?White mark left by stagnant water droplets. Can it be cleared?

Normally, I would spread out the couple of drops and no mark would be left which inspired me to not wipe them with my hands and this resulted.

No ice-hockey but I stay in my hostel (dorm) whose rooms barely accomodate a bed and that's about it. My laptop is frequently exposed to the environment and the objects in it. Including when I come back from the shower into the cell and a few drops fall on the laptop as much as I try not to.

Since then I have been keeping my laptop in the bag now! I'd rather remove it from the bag a million times! 

Are there any Acer Accessories (Covers) that I can fit onto the rear?
    Is there any way to erase this mark?

• Hyuk
    Hyuk Member Posts: 297 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Shumayal ha escrito:

White mark left by stagnant water droplets. Can it be cleared?White mark left by stagnant water droplets. Can it be cleared?
    Are there any Acer Accessories (Covers) that I can fit onto the rear?
    Is there any way to erase this mark?

I don't know about covers, but that kind of looks like hard water stains.  I would try a very mild mix of white vinegar with water (most suggest 50:50 ratio but I would say more like 1:10 maybe jus tob e safe?) and quickly wipe it off to see if that gets rid of it.