Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire 5600U doesn't recognize windows 7 x64 bootable USB but does Ubuntu 16 USB

I've a Acer Aspire 5600U machine, which had windows 10 earlier. I installed Ubuntu 16 on this machine erasing all previous Operating Systems. Now, when it restarted it says that there is no bootable disk and stuck at the boot screen.

So, i tried to go back to windows 7, and created a bootable Windows 7 x64 USB but the computer does not recognize the bootable USB either, whereas it does recognize bootable Ubutnu 16 OS USB.

I'm pretty sure there must be something i'm missing in the BIOS, but i've no clue what it is. I dont understand the whole concept of UEFI vs BIOS either. So, if anyone has any ideas to resolve this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

FAQ & Answers

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online212

allu666
allu666
arunvg1980
arunvg1980
Carlos0861
Carlos0861
catclient
catclient
Dieter1954
Dieter1954
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
FeliBet
FeliBet
Halbard
Halbard
JackE
JackE
jimfitter
jimfitter
laurent_14
laurent_14
limes
limes
marcelosales
marcelosales
MirAli114
MirAli114
OceanIsaac
OceanIsaac
paulojuniore98
paulojuniore98
RandomOne
RandomOne
spearhead
spearhead
Troodle
Troodle
+193 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.