VN7-592G Thunderbolt 3 > Asus MB169C+ External Monitor

nitro-daddy
nitro-daddy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello everyone,

after having a phone call and getting an email from acer support, I was able to update my thunderbolt 3:

tb.jpg

Does "External GPUs supported: No" means, that I can not use the Asus MB169C+ External Monitor?

When I plug in the monitor, the orange lamp shows that there is energy income, but as soon as I push the power button, it says: DisplayPort No Signal.

Given the fact that I do not have the original Asus Typ C cable and just a cheap USB Typ C cable from Caletex might this be the reason for beeing not able to see anything?

Should I try it with a real Thunderbolt 3 (20 Gbps) / USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable Or even ask Asus to re-send me the original cable?

Happy for getting any help.

Best regards.

[edited to comply with guidelines - removed links to protect user's Amazon account]

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

We suggest using the original Asus cable if at all possible. No signal messages many times are caused by the cable and switching them out can resolve the issue. The reference to External GPUs supported: No, is referencing eGPU's which is: External Graphics Processing Unit. This product does not support these external GPU cards, it does not mean an external monitor. Hope this helps.

• nitro-daddy
    nitro-daddy Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the answer. I will try it and let you know.

• Mexolotl
    Mexolotl Member Posts: 3 New User

@nitro-daddy would you like to share the software that Acer told you to install?