A number of keys suddenly stopped working. What happened and how do I solve it?

jenhak
jenhak Member Posts: 2 New User

As the headline says, a large chunk of the keyboard suddenly stopped working. Ctrl, Alt, Alt Gr, PgDn, PgUp, arrow keys, and Esc, at least.

I've tried reboot, hard/forced reboot, and clean reboot. There is no keyboard driver or Launchpad utility available on Acer's website.

Model: Acer Aspire E3-112

Windows 10 64-bit

What do I do? I've had trouble with the touchpad before, which was resolved following a Windows update. I haven't found anything here or through Google, but maybe several users are experiencing this problem right now and it is being fixed as we speak?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • jenhak
    jenhak Member Posts: 2 New User

laurent_14, you embody the reason everyone should still have faith in humanity. Heart

I can't thank you enough. I work from home and I'm 99% dependent on my computer (and on being able to type properly).

• ...you embody the reason everyone should still have faith in humanity. Heart

What can I say after that? Smiley EmbarassedSmiley HappySmiley Very Happy and...

You're welcome

France