Acer Aspire 8930 touchpad scroll up/down doesn´t work.

Klasse
Klasse Member Posts: 7 New User

Acer Aspire 8930 touched scroll up/down dosn´t work, I´ve got Windows 10 installed is that a problem?

Best Answer

• Klasse
    Answer ✓
    Ok thank's for your support. Now I at least wont do some more brainactivities on this problem???? Proberbly I just will live with this minor problem????
    Once again thank you, big time!????????????????????????

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

Check device mgr for any driver issues. If it finds any, right click on the device and let windows search for an updated driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse
    I can't found any specific mgr for the touchpad but the mgr for the mouse have no signs of problem.
    Should there be a specific for touchpad?
    K
  • JackE

Go to control panel. Search "mouse". Click on mouse settings. What do you see?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse
    There is only settings for HID-mouse and PS/2 Compatible mouse. Both is working correctly due to status.
  • JackE

Go back to control panel mouse settings. Also open up device mgr and  click on the Human Interface and Mouse directories. What disappears & what re-appears when you temporarily disconnect & re-connect your external mouse?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse
    I haven't had an external mouse connected. When I connected one there was appearing one new textline under Mouse directories and three textlines under HID.
  • JackE

OK, try this without an external mouse. Open device manager again. Click on the Mice directory. Right click on each device shown to update driver. Allow windows to automatically search for the best driver. Do the same thing for the Human Interface directory. Windows may decide the best drivers are already installed. If so, there may be additional steps possible to get scrolling active again.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse
    Ok I'll do that. Shouldn't be an ikon for the touchpad?
  • JackE

Sometimes an icon appears in the taskbar, sometimes not. Depends on the driver installation program. Your touchpad seems to be at least partially activated by a generic Win10 mouse driver. If there are any Win10 updates available, the system should find them as outlined above. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse

Nop it will not work :-(

• JackE

Your touchpad is an older Synaptics model TM-00372-012 for which a specific Win10 driver is apparently not yet available. Unfortunately, these kinds of device issues are often encountered when changing the original factory-installed operating system. It's possible that future Win10 updates will fix this limited touchpad functionality in your case. But for now your options are to either use an external USB mouse with scrolling capabilities or re-set your machine to the original factory-installed WinVista or Win7 while saving your data. If it were my machine, I'd chose to buy a wireless USB mouse for $20 rather than deal with the hassle of trying to recover all my Win7 or WinVista settings just before I decided to try Win10. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Klasse
    Answer ✓
    Ok thank's for your support. Now I at least wont do some more brainactivities on this problem???? Proberbly I just will live with this minor problem????
    Once again thank you, big time!????????????????????????
  • JackE

Your welcome. But sorry that the solution to this annoying touchpad issue wasn't more satisfying. Perhaps a better fix will become available in either a future Win10 or Synaptics software driver update. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ