Why won't my V5-571P touchscreen work with Windows 10?

Jaydee5162
Jaydee5162 Member Posts: 3 New User

My V5-571P touchscreen (not touch pad) used to work perfectly with Windows 7, but after upgrading to Windows 10 it only works at the Windows 10 login screen. Someone suggested that loading a Windows 8.1 driver for the touchscreen may work, but I've searched the Acer drivers website and there are no drivers for the touchscreen.  I also noticed since my Windows 10 upgrade that the SD card slot stopped working and the HDMI socket didn't work correctly either, but after a recent Microsoft Windows 10 scheduled update both of these now work ok!  Can it be that Microsoft will include a fix in the next Windows 10 scheduled update?  Any ideas ???

Answers

• Hi,

Go to Device Manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right click HID-compliant touchscreen, select Properties, in Driver tab click Disable and if you get a warning accept it, reboot and enable it following the path as earlier. Reboot and see whether it fixes the problem.

• Jaydee5162

Hello Ace,

i tried this suggested fix before but it made no difference, but I tried it again as per your recommendation - alas no difference again and the touchscreen still doesn't work I'm afraid!  What I don't understand is why the touchscreen works fine at the Windows login screen, but as soon as it boots into Windows 10 completely the touchscreen becomes totally non-functional.  Do you know if there is another HID Compliant Touchscreen driver which works on a different Acer laptop running Windows 10?  If so I could download and try that perhaps?

Thanks

Jaydee

• I couldn't find any drivers for this device except the one provided by MS, could you try resetting the Touchpad by going to settings, Devices and then select Touchpad, scroll down to Resetting and click Reset.

Capture.JPG

• Jaydee5162

Hello again Ace,

My settings screen doesn't resemble the one in your example,  and anyway I'm not talking about the touchpad (which is near the keyboard) but the touch digitiser which is on the screen itself.  This is obviously a problem when the system boots fully into Windows 10, as I already mentioned that the touchscreen works perfectly at the time of login.  It also starts working again when I log out of Windows 10.  Do you happen to know of how would be the best way to communicate this problem to Microsoft?  Do they operate a user helpline or forum which would be handled by Microsoft qualified engineers, and if so how does one find it?

Thanks for your help so far anyway.

Jaydee

• Hi,

Yes, you can register in Microsoft Community Discussions here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us