Acer Aspire TC-705 (GTX 970 GPU Problem) (White Stripes,GPU not being detected)

Achluophilia
Achluophilia Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone, i recently got my pc back after 1 year (cause it was in another country with my sister)

when i first turned it on it had some white horizontal stripes everywhere,

and i said to myself let me restart maybe it'll be fixed byitself so it did, and i realised that it had too much to

download and update so it got really slow and i wanted to restart one more time and again

the white stripes kept coming again and stayed forever.

my graphics card is ASUS STRIX GTX 970 OC (and it didn't had any problem last year when i first bought it).

so now my question is, is the problem from the motherboard aka the PC or is it from the Graphics Card itself?

cause i tried uninstalling and downloading and updating windows updates and every driver there is plus the

graphics card is not being detected by the PC, it shows the model name but there's that exclemation mark and i

did try removing the graphics card and put the dvi cable from the motherboard and it was fine, but the problem

was from the Graphics Card.

So please let me know what you think and how to fix this, or do i have to buy a new gpu (graphics card) or does a

format help? even though i tried resetting the pc but it's all the same, let's hope that it's from the gpu and not

from pc so i can buy a new gpu (also does the gtx 1000 work on this motherboard or not?).

Thanks alot guys please let me know of what you know and think.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Double check that your GTX970 has the power cables connected.

if you double clickon the yellow exclamation mark, is any error reported under the main tab or driver tab?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Achluophilia

hey thanks for answering, although when you told me to check the power supply and i removed everything and i kept the PSU outside of the case and i wanted to check if it worked after i replugged in all of the cables and so on, i realised that the psu's fan wasn't working, it wasn't turning.

so maybe that was the whole reason that the gpu isn't getting full power from the psu because of that.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it depends if PSU fan has a thermal control or has an always on function.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Achluophilia
    it should be on no matter what, i mean the fan should be working the same second i press on the power button.