Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition 4k, powers on to black screen, lit keyboard. No boot. No Post.

mikemu
mikemu Member Posts: 4 New User

This just started happening 2 days ago.  I had left the laptop on for a good month (mostly idle) while I was gone for remote access.  I came back, powered it off.

Powered on, just a black/blank screen and lit keyboard.  No sounds.  

Any suggestions?  I tried power off and then power on with no plugged items for 30 seconds (from google search tip).

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Sorry you are having problems with your Acer Nitro. Try a power reset: unplug the AC adapter and hold down the power button for 30 seconds then release the power button. Plug the AC adapter back in and make sure the power cord is plugged in the outlet and power on the notebook. If this doesn't resolve the issue, we recommend the system be serviced. 

• mikemu

That apeared to work once.  But after restarting, same thing.  Black screen only.  Is that the only solution available?  Where should I get it serviced?

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Is the system under warranty? If so, you can contact support to set up a repair from the contact info at: http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact. If you are out of warranty you can take it to a local repair shop of choice or we can offer repair at a flat rate fee, which depends on the serial number. If you send me a private message with the serial number we can get that information for you.   

• mikemu

I can't find my warranty papers, is this something I can find online?  I bought it December 2014 so I'm pretty sure its expired.

I sent you a PM with my serial number.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike

• mikemu

Hi!

I sent in my serial number through PM last week and I haven't heard back yet.  When you get it, can you please send me the flat rate quote?  I'd like to take care of this in the next few days.

On a separate note it turns out that sometimes when I leave it running with the black screen, it powers on a day or two later by itself and everything runs like normal ... until I need to reboot.