Noise in my laptop wifi stops working and I can't tpe

DrJV
DrJV Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi, I have a new Acer Laptop at most it has 5 months old. One day I was about to fall off and I kind of grabbed myself from the table, but in doing that I slamed my laptop with my palm near the touchpad. Now sometomes when I'm using it, it starts making strange noises, and when the noise starts my internet doesnt work "even if its connected", I can type in google but it doesnt do the search, like if it freezes, I can type in word sometomes not, until it stops the noise then what I typed into google continues and everything is fine. When Im using netflix sometimes it even stops the streaming until the noise ends. 

What can I do?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

What is the model number?

• DrJV

E5-473-5490

• philetus

If the noise is mechanical and not coming from the speaker, the only moving part is the HDD. A sudden jar could have damaged the HDD. The arm inside the HDD that moves across the platter can get bent when dropped or jarred. It will then scratch the platter as it moves causing noise and damage to the platter and the data on it. It could also get knocked out of the socket a little on the side where there is no retaining screw, causing a bad connection on a few pins. 

• DrJV

What should I do? The noise is not permanent, sometimes it takes it a lot of time to happen.

• philetus

Is your laptop out of warranty now?

If the HDD is damaged it should be replaced.

• DrJV

No, it istill has the warranty. Should I backup my information?

• philetus

If you decide to send it in for warranty, you should backup your data.

• DrJV

Here are the anormal sounds:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1bNGAYrUp0b

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1uomJfzV50G

When the noise ends, then I everything loads normal again. As I said, internet also stops loading. If I am typing, I can continue typing, but programs kind of freeze.

• philetus

First one sounds like a dog barking to me and the second doesn't sound like anything that could be coming from a laptop. There is only two moving parts in the laptop, the HDD and the Optical drive. Do you have a disk in the drive?

• DrJV

No, there is no disk inside. 

The first one, wait until  18s, where it sounds better.

Thge second one, from start to 8s. Ignore the dogs haha.