Windows 7 will not update after reinstall

willgray
willgray Member Posts: 1 New User

Reinstalled Windows 7 on my AM3970 and Windows update runs forever but never updates.  Have tried every suggestion I can find at Microsoft and other sites to no avail.  System operates fine but "way" behind on Windows updates. 

Answers

• RicksterJLS
    RicksterJLS Member Posts: 1 New User

were you able to make any progress solving the W7 WAU malfunction?  If you would like assistance and have this repaired on a friendly basis please reply.  I have been repairing this W7 issue on many machines since April 2016.  I have developed a process that is successful , but  is different for each pc.  Some machines only take a couple hours and others have taken me several days.  I just finished a Dell Precision with W7 Pro  earlier today which took more than 30 continuous hours  and an Acer Aspire x1920 at the same time took 2 days.  I have not had any machine fail to repair. The key problem was  created by a MS update patch released in Feb/March 2016.   Depending on how often your pc is updated and the type of update setting used  determines when  yu become aware there is a problem.  The noted Dell above hadn't been updating since Feb/16, but the owner wasn't aware until a few days ago when she attempted to follow through with the update notification and discovered the process would never go beyond trying to download the appropriate updates.   The other pc this week is an Acer and was being refurbished, W7pro was added and updates began,  but as soon as they reach updates from Feb 2016  the WAU stopped working.  I have been repairing this issue since April of 2016.  I provide IT support for 3 H&R Block franchises and just finished the WAU fix for 5 of their workstations  which hadn't been updating since  April. Since the machines aren't used after  June of each year it wasn't critical to get them repaired until October.  Again if you would like assistance  feel free to contact me.  I connect remotely and  need many hours of control over your pc to correct this issue.    Cheers.