Aspire E 11 wont boot past Acer logo

R1ck5t4r
R1ck5t4r Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can give me a little help. Windows 10 needed to do a large update and I could'nt create enough space on the drive for this so I decided to do a system reset rather than uninstall everthing to create the space.

As it stands now when powering on the logo screen comes on for a while then goes off and comes back on this loops indefinitely.

So this is what I've tried:

• I can access the BIOS and have moved boot from USB FDD to the top because it made me feel better
  • Created a windows 10 boot drive but it won't boot from it.
  • Alt F10 takes me to recovery page which tells me its broke and required media is missing
  • I can acces boot manager but the only option is to boot with windows boot manager

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

the first bootable device must be windows boot manager.

if your windows 10 installation media is not booting, that means is not UEFI compatible.

download the windows 10 iso file using the official Microsoft tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

once done, use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive, use the settings in its website main page:

rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

plug the USB to your laptop, press F12 at boot and choose the USB flash drive.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • R1ck5t4r
    Hi thanks for your reply

I did use the link above but used the create flash drive option. I don't know if it would make a difference but I used a micro sd with usb adapter.

Would it make a difference if it's an sd in an adapter. How would I know if it's UEFI compatible?

Really appreciate your help
  • R1ck5t4r
    Also boot secure is enabled.
    I'm not sure I can disable it.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

don't use the create flash driver but choose to download the iso and use Rufus as i told you, it's better for compatibility issues like yours.

microSD with adapter is not the best solution but it works.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • R1ck5t4r
    Thanks I'll give it a go tonight and feedback tomorrow