4 month old Acer. Why am I getting an "out of warranty" message

Travelinkid
Travelinkid Member Posts: 4 New User

My Acer has been problematic since I  purchased it from Costco June 23, 2016.  Under the direction of Acer I  have already had to have it wiped out and had to renter ALL my bookkeeping.  Now I am having problems with it and Costco tells me to contact Acer for a replacement computer.   When I tried to speak with a "chat" person, I was told my computer was out of warranty.

HELP!

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello Travelinkid,

Please tell us the model number of your computer so we can move your message to the right location.

Thanks!

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

You could check the date of warranty end here.

PS: I'm not an Acer employee.

France
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Membership stores (Costco, Sasm's, BJ) sometimes have equiment that is older and sell new. You may need to provide ACER with a sales slip showing the purchase date. Otherwise they go by the manufacturing date.

• Travelinkid

Model.   V3 575T  Thank you.  In case my first email did not follow this request, I purchased this the end of June 2016 from Costco.  Since then I have had to wipe everything out and start over, with the help of Acer.

Now, I cannot get a disc to run at my will.  I have had experienced computer friends who couldn't get one to run, either.  The F8 key does not do anything re: sound.

Costco suggested I work with Acer to resolve or replace my computer....

Thank you.

• Travelinkid

V3-575T 7105.  Thank you

• Travelinkid

V3-575T 7105.  Thank you

• blake
    blake Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

check your packaging and you should have a warranty slip that tells you how long the warranty is.

did you buy a protection plan from costco that would extend the warranty? You could try to take

it to another Costco store (not the one you bought it from) take it to service and ask for an

manager and tell them no one is helping you. just maybe they might give you a refund or exchange it

for you. if they do please buy the protection plan it covers alot more then just the basic. Even for cell phones.

i hope this helps.