black flickering screen on some games acer aspire e15 e5-575g-5341

packersfan036
packersfan036 Member Posts: 9 New User

when opening some games im getting black flickering lines, only on the games startup/menu screen does not do it in game. please help. laptop has the geforce gtx 950m video card.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

I'm assuming your real name is Nick Collins-36 or LeRoy Butler?  Or is it Sam Shields?  If it's Sam Shields, then it's perfectly normal to see black flickering lines on your computer screen after you've had a concussion.  Smiley Wink

Seriously though, have you tried updating your driver from Device Manager?  I don't have your computer model so maybe someone else can give you some ideas.  You can also try to uninstall/delete your graphics driver and let Windows automatically download and install the driver it wants.

updatedevman2.PNG

Edit: I probably wouldn't worry too much about it because now that I think of it, I get black flickering lines when I first start some games on my desktop too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • packersfan036

so you dont suspect a video card problem?

• packersfan036

also the model of my laptop is in subject line.

• JordanB

What BIOS version do you have?  The latest?

To find your current BIOS version......

1. Right click on windows start button

2. left click on Run

3. Type msinfo32

4. click ok

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

e5.PNG

• packersfan036

i dont mess with the bios unless its a last resort. but here is the bios version i have. v1.03 3/21/2016

• packersfan036

i installed the latest geforce driver again and as of right now the problem seems to have gone away ill keep you updated. also like i said before it only happens on like 1 or 2 games out of 10

• JordanB

Ok.  Sounds good. Check the Acer Care Center app on your computer for BIOS update.  It's not a big deal to update your BIOS.  You can do it through Acer Care Center app.

They didn't post those BIOS updates because they were bored and had nothing better to do.  Smiley Happy

• packersfan036

thanks for all of your help. ill keep you posted.