Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I understand I cant get support from acer officially, but I need help....

I have had this laptop since 2010, when I bought it, and yet, unfortunately, I got a virus and I had to reinstall windows 10. from there, windows 10 stopped starting up for some reason. For the past few days, I have been trying to find the drivers for this laptop.

I have the gateway nv55s15u.

Can someone help to find the drivers?

I can't find drivers on the gateway official website, non of the driver finding services even work, and the gateway support says the laptop is not under warrenty

Best Answer

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,396 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

windows 10 normally doesn't need drivers, it will find it automatically when connected to the web, if some drivers are missing you can search it manually but only if there are yellow exclamation marks on Device manager.

so after installing windows 10 and downloaded all the updates, check under Device manager if any yellow exclamation mark is present:

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,396ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

windows 10 normally doesn't need drivers, it will find it automatically when connected to the web, if some drivers are missing you can search it manually but only if there are yellow exclamation marks on Device manager.

so after installing windows 10 and downloaded all the updates, check under Device manager if any yellow exclamation mark is present:

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.