acer est 512 video memory management internal error and it crashes my laptop

songbird181
songbird181 Member Posts: 5 New User

est 512 series am getting a error message video memory management internal , and it crashes my laptop, i googled it and it says i need to up date a driver but when i g to acer am unsure which driver i need to click on to update this as there isnt one listed with my problem can anyone help please 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I'm guessing it is a ES1-512?

I would update the bios to the latest version and install the latest video driver for Windows 10 or 8.1, whichever you have.

To see what Bios version you have, type system information in windows search and click it.

2016-09-25_1339.jpg

• songbird181

Hi Ace my system information says Bois version/ date .............insyde corps. V1.06, 11/08/2014 and yes its ES1-512 , ive been trying to find out how to update it but not sure where to go , I also have the lastest windows 10, SMBIOS version is 2.7

• philetus

To Get driver updates, you would go here and find your model.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Here is the latest bios

BIOSAcer1.Improve System Performance.1.154.1 MB2015/08/13Download

Download and extract to a new folder on the desktop.

Make sure you are plugged in and the battery is charged good.

Open the folder and click on the executable.

Don't do anything else unless told to.

• songbird181

Hi Ace , did everything you said it went through the whole process and rebooted, but when i check to see if it had updated it was still the same one as before so dont know why it wont update i guess i should give up and maybe look for another laptop as this one keeps crashing because of it

thanks for your help and advice

14700971_10153977806957113_2678822330365746094_o.jpg

• songbird181

Hi Ace 

I had to remove my antivirus and reinstall yesterday so i thought i would give it another try and guess what !! it has now updated properly i hope after all this it is solved my problem, thank you so much for your help i now have the 2015 version 

• philetus

Glad to see you were able to get it updated.