Acer Aspire ATC-780-UR61 -- any info?

rocketeer
rocketeer Member Posts: 4 New User

I am considering purchasing a desktop computer from amazon -- model: Acer Aspire ATC-780-UR61.

The general specs look good for a basic home/office computer but I am reluctant to buy because the computer doesn't seem to have any existence outside of Amazon. It's not offered for purchase anywhere else. There are no reviews by truly independent reviewers. The official Acer site offers very little information beyond add copy. There doesn't even seem to be an owners' manual beyond a general Aspire manual!

So, is this some sort of special model?  Any reason I might want to avoit it?

Any opinions or insights appreciated.

Thanks much.

Answers

• miklet
    miklet Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi, my name is Mike. On 10/24, I recieved the Acer Aspire ATC-780-AMZi5. Same unit as the UR61, but with a 2TB HD. I am delighted. Boots up real fast. Updated Windows 10 to current version quickly. No extra software, other than the CyberLink DVD14 package, that lets you play DVD's. Other than a noisy Harddrive, I have no complaints. Modest amount of upgrades because of the small form motherboard. I am planning on adding an M.2 SATA III 256GB SSD and 32 GB of DDR4 2133 RAM. Perhaps replace the Harddrive with a higher quality (quiet) model.

In my opinion, this is a very good value for the money.

If you buy the UR-61, post a reply with your impressions and also, tell me if the harddrive is noisy.

Questions, I will help where possible.

Best regards

Mike

• rocketeer
    rocketeer Member Posts: 4 New User

Miklet, thanks for your thoughts.

I did order the machine. And, like you, would like to install an SSD. Would also like to make a few other changes, so will probably soon be asking advice from those with more experience than myself. And I'll be following your thread about upgrading!

I have read some complaints about it being a noisy HD. I'll post if it's anything unusual.

Regarding my search for info on the computer: Seems like maybe it's asking too much in hoping to find a detailed component list for a lower-price, home machine. Guess I'll just have to wait till it arrives and read the part numbers off the pieces. Man Wink

• miklet
    miklet Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

The left side of the case is secured by two screws located on the bax of the box. The cover slides 1 inch towards the rear, then can be removed.

The RAM is a 8GB unit 2400Mhz 288-pin

Acer ATC-780 AMZi5 8GB RAM.jpg

But documentation and Windows 10, show a 2133Hmz frequency

Actively shopping for 32GB, 2x16GB. I will likely purchase 2133