Contacting a live person at Acer

delawaretoering
delawaretoering Member Posts: 6 New User

We purchased our laptop for $550.00 in May 2015. In July 2016, TWO months out of warranty it died. We have taken it to Staples and Best Buy to see if it could be repaired (both places charged us a fee to look at it) and if I recall were told it was the motherboard and would be costly to repair. I have attempted to reach a real person at Acer for over a month and continue to get sent to the warranty company (who will charge me for service) who today suggested I post on this board. I have called FOUR different numbers listed on their website and am either disconnected because the warranty is expired or get sent to

There was no abuse to the laptop, my boyfirend and I are the only ones who use it.

I am saddened that a $550.00 laptop stops working 2 months out of warranty and I have no means to contact the company directly to address this issue and that after a month of calling and searching I am having to post on this blog in hopes someone will contact me.

Answers

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi delawaretoering,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having. Please let us know the model number of your laptop so that we direct your message to the proper location.

Thanks!

• delawaretoering

Acer/CI5-4460/8GB/2TB/NT

• delawaretoering

Hello Phil,

My serial number is NXM7FAA002***

Acer/CI5-4460

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• delawaretoering

So after spending a great deal of time and effort trying to reach out to Acer it seems that are not concerned that their laptop died with in 14 months of life. 

I have spoke to Acer Answers FIVE times because that is the only way to contact acer or here. 

When I spend $549.00 on anything, I expect it to last more then 1 year and to have it totally die two months out of warranty and to not be able to contact the COMPANY is very unprofessional. 

Acer has made no attempt to correct the issue only to send me to acer answers when I could pay for repairs

I will not do business with Acer and I will share my displeasure with my friends and family. 

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,338 Community Administrator

Hello delawaretoering,

We're sorry that you're having issues with your unit.  I would like to look into this for you to see if there is something that we can assist with, can you please send me a PM with the S/N?

Thank you.