Bios for G9-591

susiweles
susiweles Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello,

i`m having problems updating my G9-591 BIOS, the .exe file says that this bios is not for this model but i`m 100% sure that it is the right model. Is there a way to get flashable bios update that you do through bios ?

best regards,

Lukas

Answers

• susiweles

no, this is the application that flashes the bios, but in my case it doesn`t allow me to do it, because it states that this BIOS is not for my pc, but i`m sure IT IS. I need a flashable .bin file, that i can flash through BIOS manually.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

yes, i know this is the flasher application, i just needed a confirmation we are talking about the same thing. Smiley Happy

can you please check which BIOS version is installed on your laptop?

windows key logo + r

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • susiweles
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ok, apart you need to rename the thread as G9-591 (they share the same BIOS BTW)

Have you tried to flash the BIOS with the ODD installed? (DVD drive)

i don't know if this V0.14 is normal and i suspect that's blocking the update.

The Acer BIOS doesn't support direct updates from BIOS, so you need to try a recovery process and the first thing to do is extract the .FD file you need to do it.

you need to run the exe file and let unpack the files, don't start the flash process or close any error window but browse here:
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxxxxxx.tmp
    the folder name changes from system to system, so you need to find it (hint: search by date) and copy the whole folder to desktop, inside you will find the *.bin file.

then check your Private messages

i'm not responsible if you brick your laptop!!!

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • prashivam
    prashivam Member Posts: 2 New User
    IronFly said:

ok, apart you need to rename the thread as G9-591 (they share the same BIOS BTW)

Have you tried to flash the BIOS with the ODD installed? (DVD drive)

i don't know if this V0.14 is normal and i suspect that's blocking the update.

The Acer BIOS doesn't support direct updates from BIOS, so you need to try a recovery process and the first thing to do is extract the .FD file you need to do it.

you need to run the exe file and let unpack the files, don't start the flash process or close any error window but browse here:
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\xxxxxxxx.tmp
    the folder name changes from system to system, so you need to find it (hint: search by date) and copy the whole folder to desktop, inside you will find the *.bin file.

then check your Private messages

i'm not responsible if you brick your laptop!!!

can you tell me what i have to do after extracting .bin file? how do i downgrade it with that file?
This discussion has been closed.