USB 3.0 issue !!! PLS HELP!!!

Saiyan32
Saiyan32 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have acer aspire es1-131-P4YH model... the following issues i am facing right now is...

1. my usb 3.0 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while i transfer files (usually 200 to more) from or to -usb 3 pendrive to computer and vice versa. I have an ADATA UV150 16 gb usb 3.0 pendrive....

i hit google and did almost everything...

- usb power save suspend from power plans

-"allow to turn off usb to save power" disabled for usb 3.0 extensible host controller ,xHCI controller and also for even from usb input device from human interface device tab,and also when usb is plugged in, a new USB mass storage device pops up...that option is also disabled for this too....

-uninstalled/removed everything form USB controller tab and restarted the computer in order to auto reinstall/load the usb drivers for 3.0--- same issue

-one more thing , i have an usb 3.0 host adaptation driver came with the laptop... Installed it and hoped it would work now... but NO!..... this doesn't have cd rom and usb 2.0 is used for mouse ...so for transfering or installing i mostly need to rely on usb 3.0.... someone got to help me here.... i am in big trouble

I got the netbook with windows 10 pro preinstalled ... is this hardware problem or driver problem

ALSO WHAT IS THE INTEL CHIPSET VERSION OF THIS MODEL??

Best Answer

• Elkino2003
    Elkino2003 Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Alright then I think you can contact Acer directly for support

Answers

• Elkino2003

Siayan Pls kindly summarize the problems

To understand your question clearly

1. Does your pen drive disconnects and reconnects spontaneously?

2. Or is it about the usb port?

Suggested solutions

Pls download test disk to check for errors on your pen drive

http://downloads.tomsguide.com/TestDisk,0301-4874.html

Follow instructions carefully to work with it

If there are no problems on the drive, note that you have fix the usb port

• Saiyan32

my pendrive disconnects and then reconnects only when transfering files (after a sometime) ... otherwise it is fine ...i can browse the files in the pendrive....

i tried it on a HP Pavilion (windows 7 installed) ... data transfering seems fine...no disconnect-reconnect - so at least the pendrive seems OK there

i dont think this problem is specific since other people also had this issue in windows 8.1 and windows 10 also.Some saying driver problem. But acer didn't provide driver support for usb 3.0 ..so i am stuck with the microsoft default driver

SOMETIMES LUCKILIY THE COPY FINISHES LIKE 1GB.. so it randomly happens

• Elkino2003
    Answer ✓
    Alright then I think you can contact Acer directly for support
  • Saiyan32

thanks for your help.  Smiley Happy I will contact acer for this.

also pray that this usB 3 fixes automatically itself Smiley Very HappySmiley Sad

• Bencu
    Bencu Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello.

I'm facing similar problem.

My USB 3.0 port keeps disconnecting when an USB 3.0 capeable external hdd is plugged in.

It works fine in the USB 2.0 port, but it is much slower than 3.0

The pendrives works fine though.

The external hdd works fine with my other acer notebook's (E1-570G) USB 3.0 port

• Bencu
    Bencu Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello.

I'm facing similar problem.

My USB 3.0 port keeps disconnecting when an USB 3.0 capeable external hdd is plugged in.

It works fine in the USB 2.0 port, but it is much slower than 3.0

The pendrives works fine though.

The external hdd works fine with my other acer notebook's (E1-570G) USB 3.0 port

Did you find a proper solution for the problem?

• huligan
    huligan Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2018
    I have same problem. And one other. Very slow files copy from internal filesystem of Android phone connected via USB 3 (cable0. Taskmanager show me 100% loading for internal SSD drive. But!!! From SD-card of Android phone and from any flash drive quickly, but discontinuous. Win 8.1 x64. 8 Rom/ 240 SSD
    All original drivers from acer.com.