No power, battery does not charge when plugged in.

nascar2428
nascar2428 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

The laptop will not run with just the power supply? Is the new power supply new and the correct power supply?

If it is and it works correctly, it should power the laptop.

The fact that it won't means you have a hardware problem with the power jack or the voltage regulator on the motherboard. Does the  power jack itself wobble around?

• nascar2428
    nascar2428 Member Posts: 2 New User

No , the power jack has a solid connection. The new power adapter did not make any difference. I left themachine plugged in over night. When I woke up, the red lcharging light was off. It just came back on as I was replying to your response. Looks like it's going to have to go to the repair shop. Thanks for your time and help.

• philetus
    Answer ✓

You're welcome.

• ddyben
    ddyben Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Chromebook 15 C.... Woke up this morning and it wouldn't take a charge socket is loose... noticed this night before charging device became  was warm....

• philetus

If the charging port is loose and wobbly, the solder connections are probably broken.

• ddyben
    ddyben Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you...