Screen Rotation non-existent after Anniversary Update - not even greyed out or sth.

ywvlf
ywvlf Member Posts: 4 New User

Model: Acer R7-371T-52JR

Hey everybody,

yes, I read several threads about workarounds for not working screen rotation. I used this while ago, when the setting item was greyed out and it worked.

Now, after the anniversary update (I guess), there is no such option in settings any more. I can rotate the screen myself manually, but nothing that indicates auto-rotation.

I already clean installed W10, all drivers are up to date.

What can I do, to have my screen auto rotate again?

PS. Auto-brightness is gone, too.

Thanks so much!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

First things first, though you've likely already checked. Is rotation lock on?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ywvlf

you mean the option in display settings which was originally greyed out. yea that one isnt even there any more.

• billsey

Actually I meant the one you get by swiping in from the right, but it might be the same one. Smiley Wink

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ywvlf

swiping from the right? where and what?

• billsey

On Windows 10 with touchscreen, touching and swiping from the right edge of your screen gives you a menu showing the Action Center notifications and a bunch of buttons that allow you to do things like turning auto rotate on and off.

• ywvlf

thats of course, sth i already checked. again: no option to set "auto rotation". nowhere.

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Get the latest updates for your Anniversay Install, since it had many issues. also you can reinstall your DEFAULT Acer Drivers and usually fix much of the Win 10 errors. it would also recommend give the version edition. such as 10585.556 or maybe your 14393.321
  • Santigle
    Santigle Member Posts: 2 New User

The Rotation Lock key is grayed out on my Acer Aspire R7-371T, using Windows 10, Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393. After performing a Windows Update I discovered this thread and have found this is a wide spread problem. I went to the Acer Support website and reinstalled the VGA Driver and this did not solve my problem. The Rotation Lock key is still grayed out & not available. Should I have reinstalled another driver from the Acer Support website and if so which one? Any help would be appreciated.

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I have found on some Acers have the touch screen in the HDD drivers. so the rotation might also be there. My Acer on 14393.318 (final RTM) is all working FINE
  • Santigle
    Santigle Member Posts: 2 New User

I will give this a try later on this evening & will let you know if this works. Thanks.