acer aspire 5536 black screen

mo62
mo62 Member Posts: 3 New User

HI My Acer 5536 has black screen

I updated from windows 7 to windows 10 hit restart everything looked like it was working ok

I turned it off and didn't go back to it for a few weeks.

came to use it today it will not boot. just black screen. i can hear the fan running

i tried

1 remove battery/power hold start button (tried 3 times 30 seconds/1 min/2min)..no luck

2 hold light to screen to see if i can see faint image...can't see anything

3 hold f8 on start up..no difference

4 vga port to external screen..no sigh of life

5 downloaded bios from acer put on flash drive hold fn/esc press start..again no sigh of life

can anyone please give anything else to try

thank you

mo

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Your system may require additional software, firmware, and/or a BIOS update to install and run Windows 10. Please note not all Windows 10 features may be available on all Windows 8.1 PCs. See the following qualifying Acer models. Systems not specified won’t be supported for an upgrade to Windows 10 in line with Microsoft’s regulations.For the following supported models, you will be guided through the upgrade process. You can also follow the step-by-step instructions to manually upgrade your device to Windows 10.

Please check list below.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models

More information for Windows 10 update.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-faqs

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • mo62
    mo62 Member Posts: 3 New User

thank you for your reply my laptop was not on the list, can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to, install windows 7 and the acer driver's that i would need onto hhd, using my pc and external caddy/enclosure i have windows 7 on disk,if i've posted in the wrong forum would you please point me to the right one

thank you