On my Acer Tablet the Google Search bar hides the "info" icon.

STANB
STANB Member Posts: 5 New User

On my Acer Tablet the Google Search bar hides the "info" icon at the home page. I would like to make the "Info" icon visible. How do I get rid of the Google Search bar or atleast move it to another spot on the home page?

Thanks

Best Answer

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    on most launchers, to move widgets, hold down on them. however, on some launchers, the google widget cannot be moved by normal means. you can install a new launcher from the app store, such as this one.

Answers

• PMiner
    Answer ✓
    on most launchers, to move widgets, hold down on them. however, on some launchers, the google widget cannot be moved by normal means. you can install a new launcher from the app store, such as this one.
  • STANB

Will installing this new launcher get rid of the Google search bar? I need the search bar to disappear so I can see the info icon.

• PMiner
    It will get rid it on the Launcher. is that your problem?
  • STANB

Truthfully I am very new to Tablets. Never had one before so not sure exactly when you talk about Launcher. On the Home Page I have the Google Search bar with the Apps button and a few other apps. I don't want the Search Bar on the top of the home page as it hides the info icon which I would like to utilize. So, when you say "Launcher" are you talking about the home page?

• PMiner

Yes, sorry, i should i have been more clear. Man Embarassed

• STANB

I really appreciate you trying to help BUT I still have not received the answer to my question. Will the Launcher get rid of the Google Search bar on my home page? And if so, how do I download it. I went to the link you initially sent but I did not see a link to the app.

Thanks

Stan

• PMiner
    If the link does not work, you can search for "Launcher" in the Google Playstore. Find one that does not have Search Bar (look at the screenshots) and install it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

STANB wrote:

I really appreciate you trying to help BUT I still have not received the answer to my question. Will the Launcher get rid of the Google Search bar on my home page? And if so, how do I download it. I went to the link you initially sent but I did not see a link to the app.

Thanks

Stan

If you touch and hold for a bit any of the icons or widgets on the screen (icons take up a signle space in the grid, widgets take up more), the screen will switch to the mode where you can move them around. To remove them from the screen at that point, drag it up to the trashcan at the top. You shouldn't need to install a third party launcher for this. Note that removing from the screen is different than uninstalling. The app will still be available from the 'all apps' menu.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PMiner

billsey wrote:

STANB wrote:

Thanks

Stan

If you touch and hold for a bit any of the icons or widgets on the screen (icons take up a signle space in the grid, widgets take up more), the screen will switch to the mode where you can move them around. To remove them from the screen at that point, drag it up to the trashcan at the top. You shouldn't need to install a third party launcher for this. Note that removing from the screen is different than uninstalling. The app will still be available from the 'all apps' menu.

On several launchers, you can't remove the google search widget. i already suggested removing the widget.

PMiner wrote:
  • STANB

It is my understanding that a Widget is represented by an Icon. The Google search bar is not an "Icon" but a bar where you type in the search request. I tried holding down on it and moving the bar to no avail.

Thanks

Stan

• PMiner
    No, widgets can be icons, but they are usually much larger. The google widget it built in to your launcher, and cannot be moved. you have to install a new launcher from the appstore.