eMachines EL1850-01e gpu?

kylerK
kylerK Member Posts: 11 New User
i found my old emachines el1850-01e and i want to upgrade it. I purchased all the parts i need except a graphics card. is there an official maximum graphics card length and height measurements somewhere? i want to use a gt 710 but idk if itll work

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,016 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes, you can install a Nvidia GT 710 with 1 or 2Gb DDR3. You'll need a Low Profil graphic board with an active cooling (fan): E.g. MSI GT710

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Yes, you can install a Nvidia GT 710 with 1 or 2Gb DDR3. You'll need a Low Profil graphic board with an active cooling (fan): E.g. MSI GT710

France
  • kylerK
    thank you! now i can buy with confidence
  • kylerK
    so something like that (see link below) would work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222255480436

because it has the fan?
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Yes exactly. This graphic board is shipped with low profil brackets (2 metal parts).

France
  • kylerK
    i got my gt 710! but how do you take out the brackets on this model? they dont use screws.
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Graphic board from full to low profile:

• Unscrew the nuts (spacers) of the VGA and DVI connectors
    • Remove the full bracket
    • Mount both low brackets and screw the nuts. That's all.
    France
  • kylerK
    oops! i meant the brackets of the actual computer! sorry for the miscommunication.
  • laurent_14

Hello,

No problems.Smiley Happy These brackets are difficult to remove. You can try to break the 4 metal points by "inserting"  a screw driver in the crosses +. Another solution, it's to cut these metal points with a dremel but you'll have to protect the components. Most of small form factor desktops are like this... no screws.

France
  • kylerK
    sadly, ive encountered another problem, i installed the card, but the computer displays no image, and i cant find an option in the bios to allow me to use the pci slot. help?
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Did you uninstall the Intel GMA X4500 driver (old VGA driver) before installing the graphic board?

France