v5-591 usb and bluetooth not working after sleep

denis550
denis550 Member Posts: 6 New User

A few days ago all usb related devices are not working when the laptop wakes from sleep.. This includes all the usb ports on the laptop, bluetooth, the built-in webcam and the sd card reader.

This problem only occurs when the laptop is resumed from sleep, everything is working fine when it is freshly rebooted. All mentioned devices show up normally in device manager even when they are not working, they just don't accept any changes like updating drivers or disabling them.

Another problem when this happens is that the laptop won't shut down or reboot correctly. It kind of turns of but the keyboard backlight and fan stay on forever. The only way to turn it completely of is holding the power button for more then 5 seconds.

I'm running Windows 10 Anniversary update, already tried to reinstall it, but it doesn't help.

Answers

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    This sounds like a broken driver. go to Acer Support And download the driver for your CPU. After reboot check to see if the problem is solved.
  • denis550

Doesn't solve the problem. I tried reinstalling chipset, serial io drivers, updating the bios and forcing windows to install intel usb 3.0 drivers.. Nothing helps. And like the touchpad issues I had before, everything works normal in Ubuntu

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    perhaps this is a problem with the anniversary update? if you have a USB, Download Windows 10 and put it on the USB. After, boot from it in BIOS (ill update this post if you need help with that) and install windows. You may have to reinstall ubuntu after this... and if you are ok with that, make sure to remove all partitions before installing windows (you can do that in the win10 USB)
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Did you update to the latest BIOS? It's 1.12, released at the end of June. It can help. But in my opinion this can be a problem with Management engine drivers or AMT drivers but I don't see any of these drivers on acer drivers page.

• denis550

Hi,

My BIOS version is 1.12. I also tried to reinstall Windows before posting here a few days ago. I tried installing ME and AMT drivers from VN7-592G but it doesn't help. Uninstalling windows updates that were installed around the time the issues started happening also doesn't help.

I noticed that usb and other devices stop working only when the laptop is connected to the charger. On battery it wakes normally from sleep and everything works.

When usb isn't working and I restart the pc I get a BSOD after about 5 minutes of waiting on the restart screen. The BSOD error is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

If you're desperate for ideas, try reading through the entire topic below:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/aspire-tc-705-usb-3-ports/td-p/456524

I'm not an Acer employee.