Aspire S3 391 battery not charging

Sapinho
Sapinho Member Posts: 4 New User

I just bought aspire S3 391 and it shows plugged in, not charging. i have tried everything recommended and nothing worked. Has acer failed to solve this problem?

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

It may just be charged. To tell what a battery/charging system is doing, I use BatteryInfoView from NirSoft.

• Sapinho

It is not charging, when you unplug the adapter it goes off. 

• padgett

That sounds like either a bad battery or a wiring issue and not software. If under warrenty then Acer should fix.

BTW BatteryInfoView should show what the computer "thinks" is happening.

• Sapinho

I bought it on amazon and shipped it within USA, then my sister carried it with her to Africa Tanzania. Now i can't find acer offices in Tanzania.

• padgett

Well worst case if you have a bad battery and cannot get reasonable service then there are videos on U-tube about how to replace the battery and replacement S3 batteries are avalable from Amazon for under $30.

If under warrenty might obtain a RMA from Acer, ship just the battery  and get Acer to ship a replacement. That way you could continue to use on mains power until the replacement arrives.

I just used BatteryInfoView to determine my W3 battery was bad and ordered one from Amazon. It is now working fine.

• Sapinho

Thanks for the advice though i only buy from amazon when there is someone i know coming from USA to Africa, I will try.