Can I upgrade my Graphics card? Aspire X1920

Abdxllxh
Abdxllxh Member Posts: 14 New User
Hi I am looking for a graphics card but I would like to know what graphics cards are compatible with my PC as I don't know how much is the supply unit count?

Answers

• Hello,

1. The PSU is 220W
    2. Is your desktop already equipped with a graphic board?
    3. The Aspire X1920 series is shipped with HD6450 or GT405 Low Profil with a memory amount of 512MB or 1Gb.
    France
  • Abdxllxh
    No it does not have an additional graphics car only an integrated graphics card, so what graphics card are compatible?
  • You could install e.g. Nvidia GT 710 or GT 720. These are entry level graphic boards

MSI GT 710 1GD3 LP

Gigabyte GV-N720D3-1GL

France
  • Abdxllxh

But I dont know if my motherboard is pcie express 2.0 or 3.0 for the graphics card slot on my motherboard. Can you please confirm?

• Hello,

PCI Express X16 2.0

France
  • Abdxllxh

Thanks so much also im just one click away from purchasing this card any doubt, is it gonna be compatible?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Nvidia-Graphics-Card-PCI-E/dp/B00NM3BWVS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474903559&sr=8-1&keywords=gt+730

• Hello,

Yes but look for a model with a cooling fan because IIRC, Aspire X1920 is shipped witout case fan.

According to the Nvidia specifications:

GT 710: 19 Watts

GT 720: 23 Watts

GT 730: 23 Watts (only this model: DDR3 64-bit)

France
  • Abdxllxh

So i can buy this right now with no problems or i have to buy a fan?

PS : I dont want to buy any extra items such as a fan, Im only gonna play a game by the name of Counter Strike Global Offensive.

I just want a graphics card that could run on my old x1920 to play CSGO so thats why i dont want to invest in a fan or other items other than the graphics card.

• Abdxllxh

Does the model im going to buy come with a cooling fan or i need to purchase an extra one>

• Hello,

The graphic board stated in your previous message is a silent graphic board. You can't use it with your desktop since it has no case fan (overheating) and no space to install one. As I didn't find a GT 730 DDR3 64-bit with a GPU fan integrated, I suggest you to buy one of the models that I stated. FYI, there are models of GT 710 or 720 with 2Gb of memory.

France
  • Abdxllxh

Thanks So much!!!!!!!!

• Abdxllxh

This is my purchase any doubts? I dont see a gpu fan anywhere?

https://gear-up.me/msi-gt-710-lp-1gd3h.html

• Abdxllxh

Thanks !!!!!!!!

• Abdxllxh

Also is this compatible and will this card need a power supply connector or its just I plug it in the motherboard and play?

Should i connect my vga to the graphics card slot or the motherboard slot? Please try to answer all my questions. Thanks

• Abdxllxh

can you please answer my questions?

Also is this compatible and will this card need a power supply connector or its just I plug it in the motherboard and play?

Should i connect my vga to the graphics card slot or the motherboard slot? Please try to answer all my questions. Thanks

• Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

It is compatible. No power supply connector needed.

Uninstall the current graphic driver. Shut down your computer after rebooting. Unplug the power cable and all external devices. Wait few minute. "Plug" the graphic board in your motherboard. Restart your computer and install the new graphic driver.

Should i connect my vga to the graphics card slot or the motherboard slot?

To the graphic board slot.

France
  • Abdxllxh

Can you please be more specific about the installing the graphics card part?

Thanks

• Abdxllxh

Actually no need to be more specific i understood it all Smiley Happy 

Thanks for all your help. My graphics card comes at sunday 

I hope it fits in my case. Thanks Again

• Abdxllxh

Here is the serial number: PVSGBE1002