Is it possible to upgrade drive c of the R3-131T=C1YF notebook? If so are there any links on how?

qosler
qosler Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Is it possible to upgrade drive c of the R3-131T-C1YF notebook? If so are there any links on how?

I added more ram  bu I need more drive c space.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I show that R3 to have a N3050 and a 32GB SSD so probably not without a lot of work, the ones with a replacable drive have a different motherboard.

These are also very difficult to apply the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

• royohio
    royohio Member Posts: 2 New User

My problem also.  To install anniversary upgrade I was required transfer of  my personal files to external drive (DSmiley Happy.

Also lowered space reserved for RESTORE points

Each Windows update has ued more of my Drv C:

Whats around the bend?

• mystkdragon
    mystkdragon Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2018
    I am having the same problem, downloading the new windows 10 version, says compatible, cpu fine, but memory and disk space not and windows needs at least 8gb. Is there a way to upgrade memory or disk space. Is there another version similar to windows 10 that would be a good substitute. You would think that Windows would be able to program all the updates they require to fit any system. Then again,  maybe  Acer should  provide all computers/notebooks with sufficient memory or disk space? I hope there is some solution than having to purchase a new computer.  :/
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    See all the 32GB threads but in general you can add a 32, 64, or 128 GB SD card (goes in back) formatted NTFS and Windows will use that for upgrade space.