Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-791G Fan problems

antsos
antsos Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter

Greetings

So after 15 months of usage, my laptop fan has started to not comply with me anymore and is randomly going up too high speeds and making strained noises. It is the right fan closest to the power chord.

My warranty has exceeded and thereby im turning myself to Acer's forums to see if there is someone able to help me with the troubleshooting and hopefully solving my problem.

Best wishes

-Antsos

Answers

• Have you checked how hot the laptop is getting? Download http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

and see how hot it is when the right side fan kicks into high.

Is the air intake grill clean so it can suck in air? Have you been using the laptop with it sitting on something soft that can block the grill?

• antsos

So I found the problem. I saw that there were a small paper that probably were glued to both of the fans but it had fallen off and got stock in the fan. I pulled it out and now the fan has started to sound nice again. Maybe it is not necessary by acer to put these paper marks in the hardware incase they get stuck in parts

• Glad you got it fixed.

• antsos

It has started making this high frecuency tinnitus noises now instead. It hurts my ears every time im trying to use the laptop. Is there anyone that can help out please?