The power buttons of my Aspire V5-561 still working after i sthutdown my PC (Windows 10)

Argos
Argos Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello there ...

I would like to ask for a help to solve this issue...

First i have the latest version of Windows 10, and i face this after i did a fresh new installation of Windows 10 pro to my laptop.

I've already seen some threads on other forums about this problems, by turning off the "fast start up", but actually this option didn't help as well and i still face the same problem on battery or without battery is same.. the power buttons still on and i can hear how the pc is working..
The power button is adjusted to TURN OFF THE PC.. normally.. and the only thing i can do for this is to wait the moment when the power buttons will turn on automatically and i need to press long the power button in order to get ride of this.. BUT I NEED A FIX really.

I would like some more help about this problem/issue and a FIX.

Thanks.

Answers

• I'm thinking the laptop is Hibernating, Hibernation can cause problems, which I think you are seeing.

Open power Options,Change Plan Settings,Change Advanced Power Settings, Sleep.

Change Allow Hybrid sleep to OFF, change Hibernation to NEVER. Apply,OK, and Save Changes.  Then see what it does.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Fast startup is a combined hibernation/ shutdown. It "shuts down" all user programs, but the kernel of the OS is hibernated, thus the startup will be faster. So if he tried without fast startup and he still has the same issue I don't think is because of hibernation.

I believe the issue is because acer does not provide any AMT/Management engine drivers for windows 10, just for windows 8, thus the issue is in these drivers. But I cannot be sure about this.