How many Watts does my battery have? Acer aspire E5-551G-T018

Dusan_V
Dusan_V Member Posts: 8 New User

I cant seem to find this information on my laptop..

I am wondering how many watts is my battery? 

I wish to buy this laptop external battery

https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-External-Multi-voltage-Computer-Notebook/dp/B010D2RQ10

But I read that this bank will charge at 45W. I am afraid that if my laptop is more then 45W it will not charge Smiley Sad

I dont really understand what are these numbers anyway. My laptop battery has 4200Mah and this external battery has 10400Mah which would mean that it could charge my laptop almost 3 times.

I dont know what role does Watt play. But I have read that it can charge 45W laptops. What happens if my laptop has more Watt than 45? 

Thank you everyone who helps! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It will help your main battery for sure but i don't know how much, when using PS or CAD.
    By the way it will be hard to find something more powerfull and still small to be portable.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

it must match your AC charger adapter Watts and Ampere, to be able to charge.

so, have a look at your AC charger specs, they are normally written on it.

• Dusan_V

Oh I see

It says on adapter 65W, 3.42A and 19V

Does this mean NO to a 45W charger? Smiley Sad

• IronFly

It depends if you use it to charge the battery when powered off or not.

65W is the maximum (probably less) needed by your laptop when ON and heavy load.

• Dusan_V

Hi Iron Fly, thank you for your reply.

I plan to use it while on.

Most of my daily time I spend on y college and I would love if my laptop could last for 12-15h a day.

But with its 4200Mah battery It can last about 3h. I use it for internet, photoshop and other demanding graphic programs.

WIth this battery there is no doubt that it could last atleast 10h and maybe even more

But I would have to use it while the laptop is on and working.. Smiley Sad is that a problem? 

That would mean that my laptop would be spending between 40-65W depending on what I am doing at the moment. My most intensive things I could do are rendering in CAD and Photoshop

And less intensive things I do are Internet browsing and managing websites for a few clients. That is not so demanding..

So what do you think? Could this work? Smiley Very Happy 

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    It will help your main battery for sure but i don't know how much, when using PS or CAD.
    By the way it will be hard to find something more powerfull and still small to be portable.