How To Hook Up Extra Monitor For Gateway All In One?

BeltFanChris
BeltFanChris Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello you all, I have a question I hope you much more smarter computer people can help me out with. I have a friend that has a Gateway All In One Model # - ZX4931. It has a VGA port on the back. It was also updated to Windows 10. I will be house sitting and dog watching for her in a couple of weeks

I want to hook up the extra monitor which by the way it's a Dell ( sorry ) to work on a project I'am doing right now. I try using the screen she has on the All In One and I didn't like how my project came out looking

I see on the back of her All In One it has a VGA port. I've Google multiple times and Google different words, what I found saying you can't hook up a extra external monitor to All In One PC, so I'm confused as to why there would be a VGA port if you couldn't hook up outside monitor

Anyways, can someone please help me and give me details on how to hook up external, extra monitor to her Gateway All In One Model # - ZX4931

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Looking at your specific model, i think you can try to connect an external monitor using the VGA port.

once you connected the secondary monitor using the VGA port, press windows key logo + p and check if you are able to extend or clone your desktop.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Looking at your specific model, i think you can try to connect an external monitor using the VGA port.

once you connected the secondary monitor using the VGA port, press windows key logo + p and check if you are able to extend or clone your desktop.

• BeltFanChris
    BeltFanChris Member Posts: 3 New User

IronFly wrote:

I want to say thank you very, very much. I did some test driving and what you said worked. Now I guess I will post my same question I have about Acer Aspire One 725 in the appropriate forum for that question. Again, thank you for responding and helping me out

• IronFly

you welcome. Smiley Happy