Hi, I have Acer Aspire V 15 nitro laptop. its under warranty. I am facing problem with color dullnes

shivinmittal
shivinmittal Member Posts: 4 New User

Dear,

I have Acer Aspire V 15 nitro laptop. its under warranty. I am facing problem with color dullnes. I bought this laptop so that I will get proper color while designing on photoshop or related software.

The problem is that when I attach charger in my laptop then  it showed me proper bright colors without any dullness. The minute I unplugged my charger, color becomes dull and bad. I have visited acer care centre many times but sadly they are not able diagnose the problem. I have also restore windows 10 to windows 8 acc. to acer service centre direction but it didn't help. I am looking for permanent solution so that the heavy amount which I spent on this laptop will not be wasted.

Looking for reply with solution.

Thanks, 

Shivin 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

when you remove the power cord,it switches to the on board graphics,rather than the more powerful dedicated gpu.

With it unplugged, try configuring the color in the Intel HD graphics.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

The switching between graphics cards is not battery dependent. It is application dependent. Even on battery, the Nvidia graphics card will be used if you process images in adobe lightroom or photoshop, if you have the default Nvidia optimus settings, and you don't limit the power in power options.

Regarding the issue, you can check the brightness level in power options. Go to power options in control panel and here click on change plan settings of the current power plan. Here you should put maximum brightness on battery or the same value as plugged in.

Also go in Graphic properties in intel HD graphics, and here there is a section called power. Here you should adjust the settings on battery. You can move the bar to maximum quality, and also I would recommend to disable Display power saving technology, which dims the display.

• shivinmittal
    Hi sharky,
    I have done all the options you have mentioned.i have disabled the power saving options in intel graphic card. But when i unpluuged the charger it is getting automatically enabled. This drive me crazy. What should i do?
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Did you try to adjust these settings while on battery? I don't know probably by miracle intel will remember them. I don't have this issue with my V15. Intel saves the settings without any problem.

I would try to adjust these settings while on battery and then restart the notebook and see if the settings are remembered. Then if they are remembered try to plug in the charger and after unplug it and see how it will behave.

• shivinmittal

Hi,

I have tried same option on battery even on plugin and saved it but it doen't remember my changes. It is getting automatically enable Smiley Sad