Notebook Acer VN7592G77LB not charging when powered on, what is happening?

rfedericomatias
rfedericomatias Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have a brand new Acer VN7592G77LB laptop and since day one I have the following problem:

If I have the laptop powered on it won't charge from the power plug and it will use the battery instead.

But if the notebook is powered off the charging LED indicates that the battery is charging and when I boot up the battery is charged. Something is wrong with the power bypass in the laptop I think because is not a software problem (I tested it in Windows 10, Linux Mint and in the BIOS).

¿Anyone know what is happening? ¿I need to send the laptop for warranty?

Thanks a lot.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Try this

1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .
    2. Expand the Batteries category.
    3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
    WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
    4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
    Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
    Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. The notebook should now indicate that the battery is charging.

[edited to remove unneeded HTML]

• rfedericomatias

Hi, I followed the steps you described and when I plugged the energy adapter it started charging the battery for 60 seconds aproximately and then stopped, and switched to battery consumption. I'm suspecting it is a hardware issue.

I'll keep trying.

• I would try another known good power supply first and if it isn't that, you may have motherboard problems.

• rfedericomatias

I will try with another power supply and post my results. Thanks!