Aspire V5 wont power on. Power light blinks five times.

dfcanuck
dfcanuck Member Posts: 4 New User

Daughter last used laptop on battery power and ran id down completely until computer shut off. She plugged in the power cord and it would not come on when pressing the power button.  Laptop was plugged in overnight and this morning same issue - the power light just blinks five times when you press the power button. This is the same behaviour whether plugged into power or not. I've tried holding down the power button. Tried with battery removed and A/C power, but then no light comes on at all.  I've tried removing the battery and A/C power, holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then install battery and plug in A/C power, but no difference.  I tried a different A/C power adapter and no difference. Any ideas?     

Best Answer

• dfcanuck
    Answer ✓

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

Answers

• Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • dfcanuck

first ten of Serial number is: NXM49AA035.  How does that help? 

• dfcanuck

model number is V5-571P-6631

• dfcanuck
    Answer ✓

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

• Dawnaj
    Dawnaj Member Posts: 8 New User

Lol, EXACTLY and since no other resolution was provided seems as if the fix is official! 

Have something hold down power button all night and Wella! MFG DEFECT FIXED AND THE CUSTOMER HAD TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

• Dawnaj
    Dawnaj Member Posts: 8 New User

Lol, EXACTLY and since no other resolution was provided seems as if the fix is official! 

Have something hold down power button all night and Wella! MFG DEFECT FIXED AND THE CUSTOMER HAD TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

ACER and their CUSTOMER CORE VALUES, Would have charged you for that resolution had the customer who posted, didn't figure that out. 

I believe there is a mfg defect with the buttons.