Disabling pinch-zoom on Acer E 15? (Previous solutions don't apply)

mtlwriterguy
mtlwriterguy Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello all!

I own a recently purchased Acer E 15 laptop, and like many Windows 8.1 users, I'm very frustrated by the so-called "Precision" touchpad. The pinch-zoom function simply never works when you want it to, but it will suddenly zoom your screen to 300% when you're doing something else.

I have been trying to turn pinch-zoom off, but none of the published solutions I've seen in this forum or elsewhere on the web seem to apply to my laptop. When I go into mouse management via the control panel, all I get is this window. I simply don't have the extra "Device Settings" tab shown in all the solutions I've seen. None of the tabs on the window displayed below seem to have any kind of checkbox to control pinch-zoom or any of the other "precision" features.

Mouse1.png

It's the same on the "Mouse" window in the Modern/Touchscreen display. Nowhere do I seem to have the controls to turn pinch-zoom off.

Can someone offer me a solution, please? The sudden zooming and unzooming is very annoying and disruptive to my work.

Thank you!

P.S.: The touchpad is often laggy too, and sometimes just freezes up. I don't know if these are related issues, but if there's a solution for this too, I'd appreciate it.

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder

Hi mtlwriterguy,

Try going to the ELANTECH or Synaptics options (depending witch one you have installed on your laptop) and see if you disable it there. If you can’t find the option there, then you won’t be able to do the steps of the solution you found.         

If the information was helpful, remember to mark (Accept as Solution), and give a KUDO, this will help others with same problems to find the solution and solving their problem as well. Thanks! 

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• mtlwriterguy

Thank you for this! Unfortunately, I don't seem to have either Synaptics or ELANTECH. This is all that shows on the 'Hardware" tab. As you can see, all it says is "HID-compliant mouse".

Mouse2.png

And pressing "Properties" doesn't help either. It only provides options to disable or re-enable the mouse driver.

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder

Ok, that means you only have the generic driver.

What is your exact model (Example: ES1-512 etc.)?

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• mtlwriterguy

Hi, sorry for the delay. My specific model is ES1-511-C24N.

• olhobbler
    olhobbler Member Posts: 3 New User

hello...did you ever figure how to disable that zoom pinch...if so, pls let me in on that...thanks

• olhobbler
    olhobbler Member Posts: 3 New User

hello i have the same question as mlwriterguy..i have an asper es 15....would like to disable pinch zoom...

the previous explanations dont apply....the options simple show the generic mouse...no symantics..ect..anyway..

would appreciate any help