Acer Aspire Nitro Black VN7-791G Displayport

hgmichna
hgmichna Member Posts: 22 New User

The Acer Aspire Nitro Black VN7-791G is advertised to have Displayport output, but a Displayport cable certainly does not fit into any of its sockets.

I read that the Displayport output comes through the USB Type C socket, but still the cable does not fit. What's the solution?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hgmichna

Thanks! Will try as quickly as possible and report back then.

While I'm at it, does this mean that the USB Type C port is then blocked for any other uses or are there also hub-like adapters that allow multiple simultaneous uses of the port?

Edit: Is it perhaps possible to put a USB-C hub in between the computer and the adapter, so other USB devices can be operated in addition to a DisplayPort monitor?

• IronFly

Nice question.

Since i have no experience on USB-C -> displayport, i don't have an aswer.

• hgmichna

I have bought a USB-C-to-Displayport adapter made by Aukey and sold through Amazon and tested it.

It does not work at all. I have never seen anything on the monitor.

The one recommended above was not available here (in Germany).

• IronFly

Are you sure that VN7-791G has display port output?

where did you find this information?

http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/model/NX.MUQEG.031

• hgmichna

Oops, sorry, it is an Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition VN7-792G.

(Why does Acer not write the computer type on the computer where everybody can see it?)

• IronFly

i searched your adapter and seems that it can output only 4:3 image ratio and 1600x1200, your laptop supports only 16:9 at least reading some infos.

• hgmichna

High time to report the latest status.

I bought a new adapter: Cable Matters® USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C) auf HDMI Adapter Schwarz [Cable Matters® USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C) to HDMI adapter black], and it works fine.

It is a stupid workaround for a dysfunctional HDMI connection, but what can I do? I will test from time to time whether a new driver or a new version of Windows alleviates the problem.

What I still do not know is whether this adapter will completely occupy the USB-C port or whether I could sneak a USB-C hub in between and use other USB-C devices simultaneously on the same computer port. If anybody knows, please tell.