how do I reinstall Microsoft Office Starter on my laptop?

Chartwell
Chartwell Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Upgrading to Windows 10 has caused my Office Starter to malfunction.  It says the application virtualization client could not launch. dismounted due to a severe error.  I tried repairing but it wouldn't work.  I tried contacting Microsoft and they ran a troubleshooter which didn't work for my problem.  I tried changing file associations (which has worked before) but it hasn't worked this time with the latest win10 update.  I can't get into any of my Word or Excel files.  Help??

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/windows-10-and-office-starter-2010/7d5201b8-a947-4e91-b5ac-18daa903fb8e

Office Starter 2010 can install after performing a clean installation of Windows 10.  I initially got an error message from the installer.  Then I tried running the installer as administrator and it still got an error.  Windows 10 asked if I wanted to find a solution or some such thing and, it ended up asking if I wanted it to perform a test install.  I said yes and it installed.  When I tried to run it, I got a popup that said "this app can't run on your pc"  I was able to fix that by installing support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2598285  Then Word 2010 starter worked!  I can't remember all the steps exactly, but that might be enough to help.

----------------------------

had the similar issue while installing Office Starter 2010 after Windows 10.

I right-clicked on the installer and set the compatibility mode to Windows 7.  Then, the installer was finally able to finish without any issues except for a popup asking me to confirm that the installation succeeded.

I had to install KB 2598285 after installing Office Starter 2010 too.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Try ironfly's suggestion first.  If you're desperate to get files.....try Office free to get files (and then backup your files!)

https://products.office.com/en-us/try

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • acosta1
    acosta1 Member Posts: 1 New User

my Microsoft office is uninstall

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Since I had my keys the easiest way was through a Microsoft Account.

You can create a new account and use this method also.

(always record all keys and keep in a safe place you will not forget.)

• mefield
    mefield Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I tried the Microsoft site with my key and all they do is direct you back to Acer saying it appears the software was installed as a package from the computer manufacturer. I haven't found anything on this site yet that's helped me get office 2010 back up and running. Just quit a couple days ago.