Bluetooth Peripheral Deivce and Unknown device

flygrimm
flygrimm Member Posts: 18 New User

In the Device Manager there is Other Devices with a small ? and inside that are 2 devices listed both with small ?.  One is Bluetooth Peripheral Device and the other is Unknown Device.  What are these and do I need to be worried about the ?.

Under Network Adapters there  is Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI), Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection and Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter.

Under Bluetooth are 3 devices, Bluetooth USB Module, Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator.

What are your thoughts?

Stuart

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Desktop model and installed OS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • flygrimm

That's what happens when I post late at night.

Acer 7600U UR 24

Windows 8.1

Stuart

• IronFly

you can try to re-install the Bluetooth drivers;

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Atheros_8.0.1.306_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635194143486243740&Step1=ALL-IN-ONE&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%207600U&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

about the unknow hardware:

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

double click on the unknow hardware
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

• flygrimm

When I try to run the Setup.exe under the Install CD folder windows pops up a blue bar that says "Windows protected your PC.  Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from running this app might put your PC at risk."

I tried installing this package yesterday with the same results.  Am I running the wrong .exe?

Stuart

• IronFly

Any other .exe file outside the setup CD?

• flygrimm

Was able to run the Setup.exe by clicking 'More info' and 'Run anyway' in the windows smart screen blue bar.  After running the driver package the Bluetooth Peripheral Device in the Other Devices tab went away.  The other one listed as Unknown Device is aparantly my Western Digital My Passport Ultra 1TB external drive.  When I remove it the Unknown Device tab goes away and when I plug it back in it comes back.  Funny that the Device Manager does not recognize it as an external hard drive.  Anyway mystery solved.

Thanks

Stuart

• IronFly

you welcome.