Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-572G-7620 sound problem

Redtje
Redtje Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello everyone,

Lately, I am having a lot of problems with my sound. The sound of my Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-572G-7620 is very low even when I turned it to 100% volume. It has been going on for a few weeks already and today I updated my laptop but it did not help at all. There are no more updates; my laptop is up-to-date. I already checked the settings of my sound and there is no limited output on. The standard is Realtek High Definition Audio (SST).

Anyone has a solution for this problem? If you need more information, just ask.

Thanks already..

Regards,

Redtje

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Does your notebook has Dolby digital plus? If yes, it is turned on?

This can be an issue.

Also if you have windows 10 and you have cortana enabled, disable Hey Cortana. For some reason when the microphone is on the Dolby system turns off.

• blackhat
    blackhat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

For all the problems regarding low volume and sound issues, there's a communication tab on system settings -> sound where it says "reduce volume by 80%" if you're using your microphone as a phone. Could that be the the problem with microhphone / Cortana? You can set it to "silent", "reduce by 80%", "reduce by 50%" and "do nothing".

• Redtje

Hi,

My notebook has Dolby Audio, when I turn this off, the sound even goes lower. This laptop has Windows 10 but not Cortana enabled. I cannot find this program on my Laptop nor in the taskmanager.

Regards.

• Redtje

Hi,

At the communication tab it says no action. I already looked this up when it was set on reduce 80%, but it not fix the problem of the low sound.

For some weird reason I found a weird solution today... When I went to sound -> recording, yesterday there was only 1 Microphone to see. Today I found a Stereo-mix from Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) there, Windows 10 gave me an error when opening the sound settings; something got disabled and when I enabled this Sterio-Mix for some weird reason the sound is back to normal again...

I can only wait now if this is the permanent solution.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Regards

• Redtje

This Message says:

"Windows has determined that audio adjustments cause problems for the following decive:

Microphone (Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology)

Audio-adjustments for this device are disabled.

Would you like to enable them again?

• SALIM1
    SALIM1 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I am also having an audio problem.my part is when i update my windows 10 the audio driver dissapears.i tried re installing the driver but i always get a blue screen.i tried third parties but i noticed my audio recording drivers do not work but my audio works.so i consulted with the acer technicians and the main issue was the drivers which is not up to date with the latest windows 10.so to work this is to roll back to the old version of windows 10.It would be very helpful if they try to fix this issue and update a better audio driver because we users want to use the latest version of windows 10