MOTHERBOARD Water damage V3-772G (need replacement)

samburhan
samburhan Member Posts: 3 New User

Dear community,

So my little baby brother made water fall on my laptop, im looking for a replacement and found 2 links,

I was wondering if both are supported for my laptop since i have the,

Model no va73
v3-772G-54208G50Makk

Currently i have the 750m motherboard and found 2 sites where i want to order this motherboard but 2 are different versions and i was wondering if they are both supported?

this is the 750m version which is right for me i think.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-laptop-motherboard-for-acer-aspire/256373956.html#se1-22-1b;price|2955484122

and this is another version for the V3-772G i think this one´s better than the other one which motherboard would a proffesional recommend because i really need to order one before school starts,

http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-nb-mmb11-001-va70hw-laptop-motherboard/382999404.html#s1-2-1b;srp|4023582056

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi Topper89,

According to your pictures, the part number of your original motherboard is:

Spoiler
    NB.M7411.001MAIN BD.N14PGT.4GB  (GT 750M)

Two ways to buy it:

• If you use the version pre-installed of Windows, you have to buy it from your Acer parts department.
    • If you use a full version/box version of Windows, you can buy it anywhere. E.g. here.

Information about the Windows OEM liscense:

Spoiler
    Microsoft OEM:

"Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer—except the motherboard—and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.

The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it."

PS: Thanks for your pictures!Smiley Happy They were very useful.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

You'll find a white sticker with a barcode near the memory slots. There is a string of characters under this one.

1. Could you give me the first ten characters? Only the first ten.
    2. Important question: Do you use  the pre-installed version of Windows (shipped with the laptop)?
    France
  • samburhan

sorry i had to dismantle my laptop inorder to check i also orderd the the wrong motherboard twice because there are apperantly 2 versions with a longer fan connector , i used the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 so i sadly don´t have the pre configured version of windows ever since my baby brother made glass of water fall on it it keeps shutting down after 3-4 sec so ive been looking for a new motherboard thats compatible but there are so many versions of this motherboard i even orderd those with the same gpu as mine

since i don´t know which code you mean ill just send a picture https://s14.postimg.org/xnuwt455t/14139420_1065470756834038_1043461276_o.jpg

• samburhan

Also can i replace my graphic card from the old motherboard to the new motherboard or do i need to get a motherboard with the graphic card included? but since there are so many versions of this motherboard im still not sure which model i need to pick the fan connector is sometimes longer than the other with this motherboard

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

The graphics card itself it is soldered to the motherboard and it's not user replaceable, you need good skill and special equipment to replace the graphics card. I think that the CPU has a socket as I saw on some youtube videos but I am not 100% sure. Somebody could tell you for sure if they have access to the service manual of the notebook.

• laurent_14

Hi samburhan,

According to your picture, the part number of your original motherboard is:

Spoiler

For information:

Spoiler
    Microsoft OEM:

"Generally, an end user can upgrade or replace all of the hardware components on a computer—except the motherboard—and still retain the license for the original Microsoft OEM operating system software. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created. Microsoft OEM operating system software cannot be transferred to the new computer, and the license of new operating system software is required. If the motherboard is replaced because it is defective, you do not need to acquire a new operating system license for the PC as long as the replacement motherboard is the same make/model or the same manufacturer's replacement/equivalent, as defined by the manufacturer's warranty.

The reason for this licensing rule primarily relates to the Microsoft Software License Terms and the support of the software covered by those terms. The Microsoft Software License Terms are a set of usage rights granted to the end user by the PC manufacturer, and relate only to rights for that software as installed on that particular PC. The system builder is required to support the software on the original PC. Understanding that end users, over time, upgrade their PCs with different components, Microsoft needed to have one base component "left standing" that would still define the original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the "heart and soul" of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created. The original system builder did not manufacture this new PC, and therefore cannot be expected to support it."

So you'll need a new Windows license key (E.g. Windows full version/box version).

France
  • Topper89
    Topper89 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

i have a similar problem.

Can anyone tell me wich mainboard i need?

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

The last on : VA70HW MAIN_BD_DDR_R2.0

Thanks

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hi Topper89,

According to your pictures, the part number of your original motherboard is:

Spoiler

Two ways to buy it:

• If you use the version pre-installed of Windows, you have to buy it from your Acer parts department.
    • If you use a full version/box version of Windows, you can buy it anywhere. E.g. here.

Information about the Windows OEM liscense:

Spoiler
    Microsoft OEM:

PS: Thanks for your pictures!Smiley Happy They were very useful.

France
  • Topper89
    Topper89 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your fast reply
  • laurent_14

You're welcome

France